Your Subtitle text

Homeowner's, Renters and Condominium Insurance

Proudly providing home and renters insurance to Rochester, New York clients for over 20 years.

Trust us to protect your biggest investment with solid coverage

Homeowner's Insurance
We'll advise you on the best coverage options to insure your home's structure, all the things that are in your home and in the event someone gets injured on your property.  A standard home insurance policy will ensure that if something like fire, vandalism or theft occurs, then you will be properly looked after and your valuables will be replaced.

Should your home be damaged, and you need to move out for a while, we may want to consider insurance that will help pay for out-of-pocket expenses like hotel rooms and food.

As a homeowner, you could be held liable for accidents that people have while on your property or if you accidentally damage other people's belongings either in your own home, or somewhere else. A well-structured home insurance plan will make sure that you're covered for any of these unforeseeable events. Learn more about homeowner's coverage.

Did you know?
Replacement costs have gone up substantially due to increased gas prices.

If you have a homeowners policy that was written more than 5 years ago, it would be wise to re-evaluate your coverage to ensure you have enough replacement cost coverage to rebuild your home should it be destroyed.

Call us today at 585.248.3810 or toll free 877.427.3302 for a free homeowner's insurance quote or to let us review your current insurance plan.

Renter's Insurance
Many renters forget that it is important to protect their belongings in case they are destroyed by fire or stolen. It is also important to protect your liability exposure should you damage the building or other tenant's property. For example, if you forget to turn off the water in the bathtub while you're talking to a friend, you could flood your neighbor's units causing expensive water damage. You would be responsible to repair any resulting damages.

You may want to add extra coverage for specific contents in your home, such as jewelery, furs, cameras, and bicycles. You'll find more details on all of these options in our property coverages section.

Condominium Insurance

When you purchase a condominium, you own your "unit" and own a share in the common areas of the condominium -- the roof, basement, elevator, heating room, lobby, swimming pool, parking garage, or garden. As a condominium owner, you may be held responsible for harm you might cause to any part of your building, or to others who live or visit the condominium complex. A condominium insurance policy can remove some of the financial worries of condominium ownership.

You'll need two separate policies to protect your investment.
Your own insurance policy. The insurance policy provides coverage for your personal property, structural improvements to your unit and additional living expenses if you are the victim of fire, theft or other disaster listed in your policy. You will get liability protection to protect you for harm you might cause to any part of the building you live in or to others who live in or visit the condominium complex.

An important feature of your own insurance policy is loss assessment. As a condominium owner, you share responsibility with others in your building for common property. Loss assessment protects you from damage to these common areas. See the Loss Assessment section for more details. A "master policy" purchased and provided by the condominium board. This covers the common areas you share with others in your building like the roof, basement, elevator, heating room, lobby, swimming pool, parking garage, or garden for both liability and physical damage.

Sometimes the condominium corporation is responsible for insuring the individual condominium as it was originally built, including standard fixtures. In this case, you'd only be responsible for insuring your personal property and any alterations you or a previous owner have made to the original structure of the condominium like remodeling the kitchen or bathtub. In other cases, the condominium corporation is responsible for insuring only the bare walls, floor and ceiling. You'd be responsible for insuring your personal property, plus things like the kitchen cabinets, built-in appliances, plumbing, wiring and bathroom fixtures. Take the time to find out what's included in the condominium corporation's policy. You can then decide what to include in your personal insurance policy.

Limitations in property policy coverage
Your standard property policy will have limitations in theft coverage for jewelery and furs, silverware, business property, bicycles, money, boat and motor. If you own any of these special items, it's a good idea to consider adding additional coverage to your policy.


Property Insurance Coverage 101
- a brief explanation of insurance coverages

Building coverage
All risk coverage insures your structure for the most common types of losses or damage. When you have All Risk coverage, your building is insured for everything, unless it's specifically excluded from your policy (e.g. intentional damage to your own property would not be covered).

Named-Perils coverage includes a list of the most common types of things covered under your insurance. Named-Perils includes fire, theft and water damage. Named-Perils building coverage is very rare. After all, your home is probably the largest investment you will ever make - why would you not want it fully protected?

All-risk contents coverage insures your belongings inside your home for the most common types of losses. When you have All Risk coverage, your contents are insured for everything, unless it's specifically excluded from your policy. Named-Perils coverage includes a list of the most common types of things covered under your insurance. Named-Perils includes fire, theft and water damage. Everything is listed very clearly in your policy booklet so you have a complete and thorough understanding of what your insurance policy covers.

A standard home policy provides for the Actual Cash Value (ACV) replacement of your belongings. This means you only receive the value of the item, less depreciation. For example, if you purchased a TV 5 years ago for $500, you might only get $100 for it if it were destroyed in a fire. Even though it may cost you $600 to replace that same TV today, your insurance would still only give you $100. Many people choose to add the Replacement Value option to their contents coverage. Replacement value coverage means that the contents of your home are insured for the amount it costs to replace them. When you replace the item(s) with a similar kind and quality, within a specified time, the insurer will pay you what it cost you to replace the item(s) not what they were actually worth in their used state. This means if your 5 year-old TV was lost in a fire, you would get the full amount it would cost to replace it, even if that is more than you paid for the TV in the first place.

Detached private structure
This type of coverage applies to structures that exist on your property, but that are not connected to your primary residence. For instance, a detached garage could be included under this coverage. There is usually a certain limit assigned to this kind of coverage, but you can always increase that limit by purchasing additional coverage options.

Additional living expenses
If you are forced to leave your home because of a loss, this coverage pays for your reasonable and necessary expenses to temporarily live away from home. Hotel and food costs are the type of expenses that would be covered under such circumstances. There is usually a limit on this kind of coverage.

Personal liability
Liability is a legal responsibility. Liability insurance protects you from having to pay damages to people, if you've been found responsible for unintentionally injuring them or damaging their property.

Here are some examples:
If someone injures himself/herself on the property you occupy, you may be responsible for damages. For example, if someone slips on your front steps, breaks his/her leg, and can't go to work, you could be held responsible for the person's lost wages.

If you or a member of your family damages another person's property, you may be held liable. So if your son accidentally throws a baseball through the neighbour's window, and breaks an expensive antique, you may have to pay.

The beauty of liability insurance is that it protects you anywhere in the world. Say for example, if your golf club accidentally flies out of your grip on a Florida golf course, strikes and injures another player. Liability insurance would cover this accident.

Bajorek Insurance Agency Inc.
3462 Monroe Ave
Pittsford, New York 14534

877.427.3302 toll free

Website Builder